Monday, August 23, 2010

the Rocklands File

I'm back bouldering in tahoe and it's great to be home. New stuff everywhere. Met a climber named Vitaly the other day at Erratica who found a new amazing line. In Erratica, down and behind the Hoedown, Vitaly did the first ascent yesterday of WereBird v10. I did not get pictures but this line is an instant erratica classic. I look forward to trying to repeat this great addition.

I know you guys want to see some Rocklands action from this trip so I've included a short video I made during the first two weeks of our trip. Ian Cotter-Brown's video is in limbo as he searches for sponsors but I'll keep you updated but for now check this out.

The Rocklands File from Jesse Bonin on Vimeo.


  1. Hi Jesse - yeah, it was great to climb with you! Actually, I wanted to say that my friend Will Frakert had actually gotten the 1st ascent. But ill happily take the second. Also - after some thinking I did give it an extra point due the summer climbing conditions! Hope to climb with you on that project soon!